The Great Race
Here are our suggested learning activities this week. Please remember there is no expectation for any or all of these to be completed.
- Watch the story of the week together (YouTube video below). Pause during the race and talk together about who you think might win the race and why.
- Cosmic Yoga - Cracker the Dragon of Wonder. You can find the link below.
- Make a Chinese lantern see the instructions below. First decorate your lantern. You might want to choose red because this is thought to be a very lucky colour!
- Practise your scissor skills today by cutting the Chinese lantern see the instructions below.
If you don't have the resources for this at home you could draw the template on the back of a cereal box or any packaging you have at home. You could also use the Dojo app to draw a picture too.
EXPRESS YOURSELF CALENDAR ACTIVITY
- Draw around your child’s hand or if they are able they could do it themselves.
- Together think of a really happy memory, this can be recent or from a long time ago. You could look at photos on your phone as prompts.
- Your child draws their memory in the palm of their hand.
- Each finger will then represent a different sense for your memory.
- See – what did you see?
- Hear – what did you hear?
- Smell – what could you smell at the time?
- Taste – what did you taste?
- Touch – what did you feel?
- I did this activity last year with my then three year old. See how we got on below!
- The sound we will be focusing on is 't'. At home you could try going on a hunt to find as many items as you can that start with 't'. It would be great to see some photos of this on your ClassDojo. Look out for the phonics video on ClassDojo.
- We will be making dragons and dancing to Chinese music in class. You could use the ClassDojo app to draw your own dragon!