Our colour of the week this week is green! How many green things can you find in your house? Out of your window? When you go out for a walk? On our class page?
Where did you find the most green things?
When I went for a walk I saw two green trees and green grass so I found three green things today! I wonder if you can find more than me!
Environmental Sounds - Listening Walk
- This is a listening activity that can take place indoors or outdoors.
- Remind the children about the things that good listeners do (e.g. keep quiet, have ears and eyes ready).
- Invite the children to show you how good they are at listening and talk about why listening carefully is important.
- Encourage the children to listen attentively to the sounds around them. Talk about the different sounds they can hear. The children could use ‘cupped ears’ or make big ears on headbands to wear as they go on the listening walk.
- Make a list of all the sounds they can remember. The list can be in words or pictures.