We have added quite a few ideas and activities you can do with your children during this week.
Please remember it is just to keep your small ones busy, and there is no pressure to complete them all! Have fun and stay safe!
Can you design a giant’s castle?
You can draw it, build it with blocks or make one from boxes!
- Listen to environmental sounds and try to guess what you can hear
- Try to provide a wide repertoire of songs and rhymes. Can you move rhythmically? Can you imitate movements in response to music?
You can find ‘Head, shoulders, knees and toes’ songs or lots of Just Dance clips for children on YouTube
- Can your child follow the sound? An adult begins by producing a body percussion sound eg. clap your hands, pat your hand. Can the child repeat the sounds?
- Make it more complicated eg. clap, stomp, stomp, clap
- Make it slow/ make it fast – Can the child copy?
Sorting – ability to sort objects into groups based on their similarities and differences
Extension – A more difficult sorting activity would be sorting objects based on their function or the place we can find them eg. animals that live on the farm/ in the zoo.
Below you can find some sorting ideas.
Matching – ability to pair similar objects
Below you can find some matching ideas. Remember you can always use different things like socks or shape objects
REMEMBER WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU
If you want to share the pictures with us, please send them to the email addresses below:
By sending us photos/pictures/videos of work or of your child you give us consent to put these on to the website. We will also be pairing this with a well done message containing your child's first name. If you do not wish for this to be put on the website please make this clear in your email or message to us.