Welcome to Claremont Nursery's class page.
Hello everyone. We hope you have had a fantastic half term and enjoyed the sunny weather!
This term our topic is ‘Nursery Rhymes’. Each week there will be a new rhyme and a story to go along with the song.
We understand that your child’s concentration will be wavering a lot due to being in lockdown for such a long period of time and with the lovely weather outside.
We have continued to plan two activities a day and our 5 things of the week video. However, we understand that not all of these will not be completed.
As always please continue to do what works for you and your family. We love seeing your photo uploads on your child’s Dojo profile and it does not matter at all if the photos are not of the planned activities!
If you have any questions or concerns please send us a message on Dojo.
Mrs Wilkes and Mrs Szwej
We are writing this letter to let you know that we are all thinking of you and we hope you and your family are OK. We hope that you like the resource pack from school, and it keeps you busy at home. Have you already coloured some pictures or cut out a long snake? Or maybe you have learnt a new nursery rhyme? Let us know which activity you enjoyed the most by sending us an email!
We know that this is strange time and we should all be at school, but even now we will try to help you learn from home. We are going to put some fun resources on our school website, so your grown-ups can check it regularly and help you to get busy.
Hope the beautiful weather and a bit of sunshine made you smile. Take care and see you soon.
These are new and different times for us all and we really appreciate all of the support and flexibility parents have given school, as information from the government has meant rapid changes for us all. We are going to upload some resources and ideas on Nursery class page that you can use to keep your little ones busy, but please do not feel obliged to use them all!! We do not want you to feel overwhelmed and we believe that you choose what is the best for your child. Stay Safe!
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus we know you have to spend longer indoors than usual and that children will not fully understand why this is necessary. We know this could be a challenging time when your child has lots of energy but we have listed some ideas you can do home with your children which are educational but more importantly fun too! Lots of these activities require little/ no preparation.
- Drawing and colouring
- Singing nursery rhymes
- Making your own board game
- Cooking, baking, cookie decorating
- Watching a movie together or looking at old pictures
- Reading some stories
- Putting together a puzzle
- Cave or den building (children love a sheet over dining room chairs!)
- Having a birthday party for your child’s favourite toy
- Indoor fashion show
- Hide and seek
- Car/toy wash – use an old toothbrush to wash your cars/toys
- Send postcards to your family and friends
- Make shadow puppets
- Playing games – there are resources for snap and pairs in this pack
- Number hunts around the house
- Make up your own dance routines to your favourite songs
- Make obstacles in your house with pillows, chairs etc. and use positional language such as under, over, next to, above when moving around
- Cutting out pictures in magazines and catalogues
- Downloading educational apps – please see https://hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk/. This site also gives you more activity ideas that are differentiated by age
- We have included number and phonics challenges in this pack
- Writing a diary together – your child could trying writing initial sounds or drawing pictures
- Try to make each other laugh 😊
We have printed all these resources for you. Please collect your pack from Nursery or you can print out the attached documents at home.
We know this is a challenging time for everybody and if you need anything at all please drop us as email (you can find this on the contact us page).
We really hope to see you all soon,
The Nursery Team