I hope you have enjoyed reading Holes. Today, we are going to read more to find out what happens to Stanley during his stay at Camp Green Lake. After reading chapters 4, 5 and 6, have a go at answering the comprehension questions below.
Complete the White Rose maths lesson for Monday 27th - Angles in special quadrilaterals. There is a video on the website to support your learning.
There is a worksheet to complete below. You can either print this out or write the answers in the workbook you took home, on some paper or type them out. It's up to you!
The answer sheet is included to check your work against. Please don't look at the answers until you have attempted the worksheet yourself!
This week is all about the ancient Maya.
I would like you to visit the BBC Bitesize website to find out more about the civilisation.
An introduction to the ancient Maya
What happened to the Mayas?
After you have visited both pages, answer the questions below:
1. What were the ancient Maya talented at?
2. What inspired the ancient Maya?
3. How long ago did the ancient Maya live?
4. Who ruled the cities?
5. How did the Maya entertain themselves?
6. What caused the Maya population to decline?
7. Why did the Maya move to Chichin Itza?