Today we are looking at the sound 'o' as in 'go'.
In English we are looking at some unfamiliar words and phrases and finding out the meanings.
Open up the file below to see what to do. There is no need to print the paper unless you want to, you can just use your own.
Today in maths we are going to revisit adding and subtracting to 20. We would like you to practice writing the numbers sentences and use different resources to find the right answers. Are you planning to use manipulatives, pictorial representations, number line to make jumps, or just your fingers?
Let us know how you have managed to work it out.
You can use the ready-made number cards to copy the number sentences on a piece of paper or write your own number sentence. Remember when you write a number sentence it looks like a pattern:
Number SIGN number SIGN number
Before you start your calculations you can watch this funny video about adding and taking away.
TOPIC - MUSIC
Today we are looking at the composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.
Click on the link below to learn about him and listen to one of his most famous pieces of work, called The Flight of the Bumblebee.
Read the text about Nikolai and answer the questions about him. Remember to use proper sentences with capital letters and full stops.
Questions about Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
1. Where was he born?
2. Where did he go to college?
3.What was his group of Russian composers known as?
4. In the opera Tsar Sultan, when was The Flight of the Bumblebee music played?
5. What was Nikolai's job?
Then close your eyes and listen carefully to the piece of music. Finally respond to the questions about his most famous piece of work.
Respond to The Flight of the Bumblebee
1. Which instruments to you think were played in this piece of music?
2. How did the music make you feel?
3. Did the music make you want to move/dance or stay still/calm?
4. What did you imagine while you listened with your eyes closed?
5. Did any words come into your mind while you listened to this music?