Hi nursery children, parents and carers!
We hope you have all had a nice weekend. This week our topic will be all about staying safe, happy and healthy!
Below you will find some suggested ideas about what you might like to do this week (all of the online books/videos/resources mentioned are linked at the bottom of the page).
- If you haven't already explored our 'Get Moving' page then take a look. You can join in with Mrs Szwej with Banana Banana Meatballs below.
- Read 'Don't Worry Little Bear'.
- Watch our child friendly video about hand washing and practise together.
*Phonics Activity* environmental sounds - drum outdoors
- Give your child a beater or make drumsticks, for example using short sticks.
- Encourage the your child to explore the outdoor area and discover how different sounds are made by tapping or stroking, with their beaters, a wooden door, a wire fence, a metal slide, and a few items such as pipes and upturned pots you have ‘planted’.
- Ask your child to demonstrate their favourite sound and then you can join in and copy.
- You can then demonstrate your favourite sound.
- EXTENSION - can you beat a rhythm to a nursery rhyme?
- *Maths Activity*setting the table for breakfast
- Can you count how many people live in your house?
- Can you count out that many bowls and spoons?
- Talk about size - does everyone have the same size bowl? Are you bigger? Smaller?
Fresh air and Sunshine!
At nursery, we like to spend lots of time outdoors. So while you are at home don't forget you can go out for one walk, run or cycle a day and there is lots to do outside if you have some outdoor space.
Running, jumping, hopping, skipping, dancing, Minibeast hunts, shape and colour hunts, bird watching, singing, weeding, planting, tidying, sunbathing!....
Here are some of the things we've been doing in Mrs Zaffron's little garden!
Blowing bubbles, cleaning windows, wearing our BRIGHT clothes to make us feel sunny! We have also planted some seeds. We will take good care of them and hopefully see them start to grow while we are at home...
Five Things of the Week
At Nursery we always have 5 things of the week that we focus on for a few minutes each day. You can do these activities at home using the below picture (5 minutes max):
- Always start by telling your child what these pictures are (they may not have seen them before)
- Colour of the week - can you see this in your house? Can you find it when you go for a walk outside?
- Language of the week - can you say it to everyone in your family? You could even ring someone who doesn't live in your house and tell them too!
- Shape of the week - can you see this in your house? Can you make this shape out of strips of paper or using your body?
- Number of the week - can you see this in your house? Can you do an action that many times? For example, clapping, jumping, blinking and stamping.
- Sound of the week - can you say the sound and think of any words that begin with that sound? See the sheet for examples.