Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Powers and Duties of the Governing Body
The governing body has general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting appropriate targets for pupil achievement at Key Stage 2;
- Managing the school's budget;
- Making sure that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based.
- Reporting National Curriculum assessments and examination results.
- Appointing the headteacher and deputy headteacher, determining how the appointment of other staff will be managed and establishing procedures for management of staff conduct and discipline and staff grievances;
- Reviewing the school’s performance management policy
- Managing governor's duties to pupils with Special Educational Needs under Section 317 of the Education Act 1996; and
- Drawing up an action plan after an inspection.
Ms Lesley Phair - Chair of Governors
Miss Heather Ince - Vice Chair
Ms Maria Lacovara - Vice Chair
Ms J Hirsz (Parent Governor)
Mrs Georgina Turgoose (Parent Governor)
Miss Patricia Thompson (Co-Opted)
Mr Prakash Ross (Co-Opted)
Mrs Julie Nembhard (Staff)
Ms Naomi Heywood - Head Teacher